The first step in creating your custom Stamps.com product is to choose an image. You can do this in one of two ways:
- Upload a new image - When you select "Get Started" from any page you will automatically be prompted to upload a new image.
Upload a new image
- Select an image from your image gallery - If you have already uploaded an image to our site you may find it in your image gallery.
Go to your image gallery
Images are saved in various digital formats so that computers can open and read them. The Stamps.com system can read virtually any image format, so if the one you're trying does not work please try saving your image as a new file in a different image format, and trying again using the new file.
Technically speaking, PhotoStamps recognizes JPEG (.jpg), GIF (.gif), BMP (.bmp), TIFF (.tif), PNG (.png), Macintosh Pict Format (.pct), and PhotoShop format (.psd).
Your image must be less than 5 MB (MegaBytes) in size.
When you place your order, your image will be reviewed to ensure that it complies with our Image Content Restrictions. Following this review, you will receive an email confirming your order has shipped or notifying you that your image has been rejected.
View Image Content Restrictions
Upload times vary based on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of your images. Faster connections and smaller file sizes transmit more quickly. The estimated transfer times for a 400k (an average size) file are as follows:
- 56K: 2-4 minutes
- ISDN/DSL/Cable: under one minute
- T1: 15 seconds
Here are some tips to ensure a great looking final product:
If the final product is not to your liking, you may return it for a refund.
- The image area for most custom products is small so photos of single subjects or small groups zoomed in closely work best.
- If your image appears to be too grainy, you may want to modify your image, or select another, higher quality image.
- The final product may be slightly different in color and brightness than your preview depending on your computer monitor settings; try to make sure your monitor is set at normal levels of brightness and color so that what you see on the monitor reflects what is typically printed on your printer.
- Make sure you zoom into the exact portion of the image you want using our Customization Tool zoom and move features. The preview you see when you are using that tool will show you which portion of your image will end up in the final product.
Once you upload a photo or place one into your image gallery, you may return at any time to place your order. After you have placed an order - the image will STILL be there for future orders.
You can store up to 25 images in your gallery at one time. The images in your gallery will not be deleted until you choose to remove them. Stamps.com does however reserve the right to remove those images that do not meet our terms and conditions.